Black Hole Focus: How Intelligent People Can Create a Powerful Purpose for Their Lives
By Isaiah Hankel
Why I Bought This Book
As the book title would suggest, I bought this book at a time when I felt that I lacked focus on my goals. Whilst my motivation was at a reasonable level, I felt that my efforts were scattered and consequently progress had become slow and painful.
What were the key lessons?
There are a myriad of lessons in this book and lots of useful examples given to bring the lessons to life. Here’s a snapshot of some of the lessons I picked up from this book:
- The importance of turning pain into gain, ie, strive to make the pain go away, don’t just settle.
- It’s important to be clear about what you want and then make a determined plan to achieve that outcome.
- The potential for success is all around, it’s not reserved for the privileged few.
- Always tell yourself positive and inspiring stories!
- Recognise that this is your path, others may not understand and that’s ok.
- Your decisions and actions will determine your outcomes.
Plus much, much more.