This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Simple Time Management Tips
These simple time management tips may look straight forward but they are not always easy to put into practice (or maybe that’s just me!). However, recognising the fact that we’re all different in the way that we approach management of our time, today I’ve listed 25 simple time management tips for you to pick through, choose and try at your leisure.
I haven’t gone into much detail about application methods as in most cases, they are self-explanatory. It’s also useful if you can apply the tips to your own circumstances and in your own way without any pre-determined rules.
Try These 25 Simple Time Management Tips
1. Get up and start your day earlier than you’re currently doing.
2. Make sure you have a written to-do list every day.
3. Schedule your day by allocating tasks to specific timeslots during the day.
4. Designate the day a ‘project’ day, meaning that you pick a large task and go at it all day, to the exclusion of other stuff so that you can make a breakthrough.
5. Train others to know when you may not be disturbed.
I am definitely going to take a course on time management…just as soon as I can work it into my schedule. Louis E Boone
6. Operate a ‘closed door policy’.
7. Remove or lock any social media distractions.
8. Go ‘missing’ (find a place to work where you can’t be found).
9. Make sure you have everything you need to complete the task before you get started.
10. Delegate the simple stuff.
11. Overrule your self-defeating mood (whichever one that is).
12. Pace your day and don’t burn yourself out (include breaks/rewards).
13. Hydrate regularly.
14. Plan your day, week and month for the outcomes you want to achieve in those timeframes.
Selected Time Management Resources from Amazon
15. Visualise your day as you would like it to run before you start.
16. Don’t multitask (this one is probably the hardest for me!).
17. Avoid over-committing yourself.
18. Put yourself first.
19. Accurately assess how long a task will take.
20. Ignore or minimise the obstacles and instead focus and work on what can be done at this time.
Boundary setting is a really huge part of time management. Jim Loehr
21. Don’t give in to distractions, be disciplined.
22. Do the hard stuff and you’ll feel that you used your time well.
23. Avoid being a people-pleaser, this is guaranteed to suck up all your time.
24. Don’t rely on your memory, this can be a massive waste of time!
25. Utilise regular ‘clean-up’ slots in your diary to put away, file, dispose of, capture and prioritise notes and ideas, return phone calls/texts, deal with your finances etc. This will free up time in the long term.
It’s important to understand that as you implement these simple time management tips, that time management is a misleading concept and that you can only actually control your own attitude towards the time you have available. Afterall we all have the same 24 hours available to us each day, we can’t stop or speed up time, so we have to use what we have as best we can.
So why not give some/all of these simple time management tips a try? There’s nothing to lose and you might just notice that you’re feeling a lot less time-starved, less stessed and more productive! Good luck!
Pin This InfoGraphic for Easy Future Reference